Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, May 07, 2010

IT

First and foremost, my current workplace IT isn't exactly the best thing in the world.

My ward is currently "pilot"ing electronic TTO.

The thing that anger me the most is the time it is taking to bloody complete one TTO. Yesterday, my house officer took 2 1/2 hours doing 4 TTOs, and I felt very very annoyed. I was the one who ended up to complete all the ward jobs, including talking to a number of families. (How slow can one be typing on computer?).

And this electronic TTO...for some reason, whenever I did them, I was felt with a sense of wanting to throw the computer to the ground and chucked the printer out of the window. I don't think this is a normal response. No, I don't find using the system is hard; I used to work as medical secretary and my typing skill is certainly much better than my ward clerk.

The problems are:

The printer keep jamming/not printing/ink problems...

The system hang.

You have to manually type the drugs, select the brand, select dosage, select frequency..

We still have to do discharge summary..

For control drug I still need to do the handwritten version....and some drugs not even listed in their computer system...pandai tak?

Instead of seeing patient, I was forced to spent so much time doing this bloody thing and I think the IT person they sent to ward to supposedly help us with this thing has slower typing skill than me;and half of the time she has no bloody idea what to do when the system doesn't do what it supposed to do.

Bloody waste of my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home