Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, November 27, 2009

Neglect

Today I had someone who has maggotsssss in their groin. In A&E, she is profoundly in shock (as in medical term meaning - hypotensive and tachycardic), severely dehydrated and septic, coated in her own faeces and urine and she has maggots brewing in her groin which is drenched in candidiasis. (and this is not the therapeutic maggot; this is infestation)

And she lives with her child.

The nurse said to me," How could this person do that to her own mother?".

Its hard to say. I think I will wait until what the social service found in their investigation before drawing my verdict. From what I heard so far, I don't think she is a tolerant person and very aggressive and violent towards her social worker.

Very sad indeed it comes to this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home