Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Audit

Started audit today. For the first time I did full time shift (13 hours straight in Accident & Emergency and Trauma) of PRHO/medical SHO job at Newham University Hospital. Its bloody tiring, but I really enjoyed the day.

Patutla they say doctor really busy. Today is soooo sibuk, sepanjang 13 hours shift, we only had 30 minutes lunch break (BUT the bleep call tak stop - so the doctor I shadow munched lunch with phones on ear. I am fasting today.) and 20 minutes dinner (this is termasuk masa running to the canteen and eat. Bleep call again non-stop). We finish the shift 5 minutes before 10 pm. But betul la time sibuk mcm tu, mmg tak lalu nak makan. I seriously think I am going to lost weight bila start keja nanti. A worrying thought considering my already petite nature.

I truly enjoy the day on basis of:

- Now I really feel final year, and start gearing up for doctor job. All the stuff you learn over the past 4 years start to come together. I do know a lot of things and considering I did not do any reading (NIL, ZERO) since I am back from Malaysia; I feel I am doing ok. To other medics, don't worry. You will like that when you are in final year.
- I do care about patients.
- The PRHOs & SHOs kat Newham are really best. Work environment best (despite the geriatric smell, a patient try to cause chaos in the ward, smell of baby poos and a rather humid ward)

The things I have written in my previous post; I am really compassionate about it. That is my dream. Taknak la cakap tak serupa bikin. I hope I will be able to achieve at least one of those things I have written in this life time. Prolly start by sorting out my life first, kasi my parents senang, then collect enough wealth so that I can spread its joy to other people ( well, money and status talk kat Mesia, believe me) .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home