Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The first 4 mths...

at the end of rotation.. Did my end of placement review,and my GUM consultant said sth that kinda spurs me to GUM specialty. He said,"if you want to apply for GUM specialties Spr rotation, I will be more than happy to be your references". I was surprised and ever sooo grateful with his remark; he validates my skills. He trusts me to treat difficult patients and delicate situation (eg: a toddler with genital warts, ladies who cry during examinations). Alhamdulillah.

Kinda sad leaving this rotation.I did enjoy it despite me constantly whining about how I am bored with GUM. apart from chlamydia, gonorrhoea, the infectious disease stuff associated with gum is very interesting eg: HIV, syphilis. Did a presentation on tb during grand round - that probably is the first time i present with 30 minutes notice. Nasib baik it went well, kalu tak mati den. dah la kena present with a tb professor who used to be British Thoracic Society chairman.

There is an epidemic of syphilis among gay community in Manchester (for few yrs now); actually its not just Manchester, most big UK cities. I am seeing cases that is so uncommon 10 yrs back like chancre, syphilis rashes. Wouldn't be surprise if neurosyphilis making its comeback in the next 5 yrs. In the UK, there is a "bareback culture" ie no condom allowed, bisexuality is more common now, promiscuity among the young, infidelity (which to me, in the UK,it seemed becoming more accepted in monogamous relationship), alcohol.

anyway, enuff about medicine.

Went out with hubby today, its so nice waking up early (selalu bangun noon time masa my off days) and going out window shopping. Shud try make a habit of waking up early. otherwise, tak nampak cahaya matahari langsung la time winter ni. I am missing Hindustan movies these days. Maybe pegi Burnley esok if no aral melintang to visit Dol & Dila.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home