Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Sunday, June 22, 2008

too old to do night shifts?

Gosh, these night seemed to be dragging forever. 4 more to go.

Sore thoat, cold & flu. I think I might have caught something from the cystic fibrosis patients; I just hope its not pseudomonas. I am pretty sure this bloody sore throat must must at least streptococcus. Man, do I sound hypochondriac.

I must be insane to think doing audit & night is possible. At 3 am, after the 10th medical record, you start seeing stars.

Last night didn't help either. I can just anticipate a VF arrest on this patient that I rang the reg to come down now(frequent VE; Severe 3 vessels disease waiting for CABG & haemofiltration). True enough, 30 minutes later he went to VF & we did precordial thumps & cardioverted him with 1 shock. I don't want to expand any further, obviously one can draw own conclusion about end-point. We'll see when I came back to tonight shift.

I am so tired. Can't wait to go on vacation. This GPIIa/IIIb audit can wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home