Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, November 01, 2004

Crappy day

Such a crap day today. Very little sunshine and Sejuk lak tu.

I start off early and eager at 8.00 am. Arrive at Newham General Hospital at 9.30 am; fresh face to do SSM. Then what happened?

Receptionist at Medical Academic still hasn't turn up and there is no message as to say where I am suppose to be. Worse still, I am the only student who is doing this SSM. Wait and wait in the library, then went to Pathology Dept., only to be told Dr B is in clinic. Was told to come later at 1 pm. I decided to went home, and decided to just call Dr B from home to find out (at least I won't waste time). Fortunately, this seemed to be the case!

When I finally succeed in getting her (after 10 calls) at 15.30, she told me my task is to continue my predecessor work on thyroid antibodies; they are now work as house officers at another hospital in London. Apparently their research is still hanging on the air, and they need someone to complete it, which will be me! I definitely am going to ask them to put my name in it when this research is done.

Know what Dr B said? Call me in 2 days time if you still has not heard from me or my predecessor. Meanwhile I am free as a bird. The only thing that get me going is my involvement in the audit - shift to day start 5pm till 10 pm; at least I have something to do and get paid for it!

Urgghh.My body is aching all over from 13 hours shift per day last weekend!

Off to Newham again for my evening audit shift! Puasa pun tak bukak lagi.


2 Comments:

  • hi huda! lame tak dgr cite. hope u r ok there. me ok je hihi. hei what do you mean by audit? and you get paid with it? hope to hear from you soon. maybe during the weekend :)

    By Blogger ellyz, at 2:03 PM  

  • hi elly. This is Hospital at Night project - we med students shadow docs during their shift, record everything they do & their bleep. The hospital do it cos they want to follow that European Directorate guidelines - the audit will affect docs working hour time PRHO Foundation Year nanti.We are recruited to do this.Has been good experience. Apparently East London docs workload is loads more than the rest of UK (one of the SHO I shadowed is a Chinese Malaysian Dundee Grads -she said mcm ni ke work situation in London, almost like Malaysia.Docs kena buat blood etc..;nurses not that helpful.asyik kasi byk alasan not to do bloods, venflon)

    By Blogger Lotus, at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home