Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, January 03, 2005

Friends

Feel sooo lazy today. And yet have so much to do.

Am doing job application thingy. Filling forms. Been researching UK map online, living costs. Somehow the prospect of having to move up north doesn't seemed too daunting now. After all, most of my good old college friends live upnorth (including new ones I have bonded over the holidays). Most of my friends in London are soon to work colleagues or work related...Guess I am not having much fun here, eh....Good old ones in London have either move on with their life in Malaysia or left the city.

I am ready for a new beginning.

Sheesh, reading previous paragraph make me realised one thing - I do classed my friends:

1. Good old friends - they know you in the past, the bond is already there. Even if you haven't meet them for years, you just reconnected almost instantly. I have been given a chance to rekindle the friendship over the hols, alhamdulillah.

2. Shopping friends - they assisted you finding bargains, and spending money wisely without guilt. :D

3. Emotional punch bag friends - This is what girls do to their friends to get over relationships. Emotional punch bag friend doesn't usually last long. Till she meet a new guy, you will be the one she had coffee with. Then, you will be lucky to be in her party list or invited for a meeting up. I never do this to anyone. Honest.

4. Status quo friends - Work related - enuff said.

5. Chemistry friends - New friends who you bonded almost instantly. Love them.

6. Hi friends - you say hi to them when you meet up for the sake of being polite, and that's it.

7. Favour friends - admit it, whether you like it or not, all of us do have friends we always asked for a favour.

8. Revision friends - OSCE that is.

I guess this is all parts of the process of becoming adult. I have learnt that even I am with a person I don't like, I just make my peace and be a good friend to that other person.

That is all I can think of rite now.

2 Comments:

  • U, bel, is one of my old closest friend.(u old bag, u know u can tell me anything, its not u don't know my heartache).

    Emotional punch bag is more like one way traffic relationship.

    By Blogger Lotus, at 6:00 AM  

  • ola.

    I actually am referring to another friend who being used as emotional punch bag.

    Me myself has been used as emotional punch bag a few years back.I stop appreciate that friendship.Actually avoid myself from even being close to one.

    Just a note 2 all girls.. If something really bothering the relationship, confront the partner abt it.Don't hide.Then you will see if he is worth it.

    By Blogger Lotus, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home