Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Sunday, December 12, 2004

I found a treasure

I was walking down the Westbourne Grove road when I passed by my all time favourite Traid shop. It was almost its closing time, but somehow I feel tugged to go in. Me thinking,"Oh yeah, what the hell, let's just go in and have a look".

I went casually to where they hang all the usual day and evening tops. I flipped through the clothes when I stumbled to this extremely (ok, almost exxagerating) refined and gorgeous dark purple Karen Millen beaded viscose (it felt like cashmere, somehow) cardigan. Trying to hide my excitement, I picked another blue and chocolate stripped Next shirt as well before I went to the dressing room. I tried the cardigan first, and my oh my, it is my size and the fitting, is just soooo right. It has silk trimmed at the wrist and the lower part of the cardigan. A corset flower and beads were sewn on its top right corner. "I really have to have this, otherwise God know when is my other chance to have Karen Millen piece of clothing". (other reason for saying this is I don't believe in blowing so much cash for designer clothes, I might as well put my money aside for me & hubby house in Shah Alam). I looked at the price tag - it's only 13.99 GBP. This can't be right, innit? Karen Millen top is so expensive, about 80 GBP per piece, let alone evening top like this cardigan! So I looked through the cardigan for any flaws. There is absolutely nothing. Why would people give something this nice to the charity shop? The only reason I could think of is either this person has ballooned their size, or someone has accidentally mixed this stunning piece with the pile of clothes to give to charity shop. I did tried the Next shirt, but it looked so "kekurangan" compared to the cardigan. Hehe.

I went to the cashier to pay, and she complimented, " This top is simply heavenly,". To which I replied, "Yeah, I know. I just have to buy it, otherwise if I don't, I probably will cry". So much for trying to hide my excitement!

Gonna wear this top for our evening out next Monday. We gonna watch Jerry Springer The Opera!



3 Comments:

  • Original ok, ada malay word lagi..never crossed my mind that it sounds like shopaholic the book. When I reread it, it does sound like it. Geez, if i ever wrote a book, it will be this kinda book. No big words of English, ha!

    By Blogger Lotus, at 7:57 AM  

  • Wah...congrats congrats! Can almost imagine you hopping around withe excitement!

    By Blogger DeLiRiuM, at 7:59 AM  

  • Finding a good bargain is like finding gold, u know.Winks!

    By Blogger Lotus, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home