Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Hols..hols..hols! Ho..ho..ho..

Its been a blast holiday so far. A relief from all the works & the hustle bustle (and the tube strike, aha!) of London. Manage to do a lot of catching up with friends..not to mention bitching about college days! Not really bitching la..."discussing" - that's more like it. Who get married, get engage, making babies, people confusing sexuality, current jobs etc.....Make me realise how I have grown over the years after college. I realised my strongest quality is my independance and my will for survival - if you throw me to any country in this world and to start my life from zero without any social support, I prolly survive. If given the option, I want to do my houseman job in another country - be it the Sates, Australia, South Africa, Canada or anywhere else. I want to travel and live the world. Not yet ready to settle in one place. One thing I rarely mention is I find it quite a struggle to fit into the role of a wife. Giving up my independance is something that I am still learning to do.Being away from husband doesn't help either. Really appreaciate his patience with me.

Anyway, enuff with that.

In Newcastle, Elly has been stuffing me with food, a lot. Tonite we - Nadine, Elly & me cooked soto, complete with bergedil and all. Later we were joined by Yus (ct bf). WAtched National Treasure with them in the morning. I think I prolly embarassed them when I said "alamak" outloud in the cinema.Hihihi, sorry Nadine & Elly. I also have been practising my singing skills with them - karaoke with the PS2. Terrible I tell you.

Am going back to Edinburgh on Thursday. On the day I arrived to Edinburgh, Eza, Zeihan, Elly, Bel & me went to German Christmas market. I totally loved it. Bought myself a wooden hand-painted domino set and "the dream catcher"(some sort of a hanging piece made of feathers and wooden wheel to catch a bad dream, so they said). Got a chance practising my Dutch..hehe. There is a funfair nearby the Princes St. I wanna go, prolly go there after I come back from Newcastle. Went to factory outlet in Livingstone on Boxing Day - so best finding all the bargains.
Meet up with Ellina, Oja and other Elly's friends. So hampa when I found out from Oja that tickets to Hogmanay street party dah gone about 3 mths ago. Ceh! I made new friends with the people I am staying with in Edinburgh - Zam & Fareeza, you guys are a blast! I really enjoy our girly talk the nite after when we went mad shopping in Livingstone.

I actually am down with quite bad flu and cold - luckily no fever, since the beginning of my journey to Scotland. Hopefully it will be gone by end of this week, otherwise have to go to GP ask for antibiotics. My husband is quite surprise to hear my voice on the phone. It sounds bad he said, I almost lost my voice and have terrible cough. I even snores when I slept now - it sounds painful Elly told me. Anyway, pray for my health cos I hate being sick!

Lastly, my doa goes to all affected by the earthquake & the tsunami. Whenever I listen to the news, it brings tears to my eyes. I REALLY wish I could be there to help. In the face of disaster, all of us come together in unity - no matter what ethnicity, rich or poor, young and old. Its human nature - we are made to survive together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home