Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, February 18, 2005

Farewell and friendship

Just come back from a farewell dinner.

The feeling that I am ready to let go London life is ever so strong. Ready to embrace new adventure and life. I don't think I have any regret. Many friends have gone, most have move on. It will be my turn next. Can't wait.

Talk about relationship with singletons friends. How different our views are. When you are single, you dream about finding Mr Right. Life is simple. Once you find your Prince Charming, you will then get married and have babies.

Many forget that marriage comes with many things. Life is not always cloud nine. There are lots of ups and downs; the tears may seemed more than up laughters. Nonetheless, its the togetherness between you and your spouse that makes life bearable. Sacrifice you made for each other.I remember Z says, marriage is the merge of two families. People of two different paths now take the same road. To have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in joy and in sorrows, in sickness and in health. To love and cherish each other as long as we live.

It is not that I don't appreciate female friendships. I missed sorely all my college and high school friends. I appreciate the mutual understanding that although we meet each other very occasionally, the warmth of the friendship never goes.I was really terharu when Elly came to Newcastle bus station to meet me when my bus stopped there for 30 minutes.

Women, once they are married, the priority changes. The responsibility grows. This also applied when they have boyfriends, you see. I am sure many great girl friends out there know what it's like when their friends have boyfriends. The outings become less; and you need to find a new circle of social group. And be the emotional punch bag when they broke up. Not a very nice picture I painted there, isn't it? The message I want to relay here is be sensitive to your friends, and try not to hurt them.

1 Comments:

  • very beautiful indeed..
    terharu sat sob sob
    am soo glad to have a friend as good and thoughtful as you
    :) cheers huda

    By Blogger ellyz, at 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home