Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, February 04, 2005

Think I can be Miranda Hobbes (SATC)

I better jot down my thought before it is gone.

Watched SATC season 6 last night. I never really able to identify myself with any of the four main character of SATC, but the episode where Miranda wedded and later try to find a bigger place for her family gripped me to no end.

When she said (don't remember the exact line, but it went something like this), " I don't care about the wedding/marriage, I just want to be with him". And you know what, this is why I got married. Because I know of all the people in the world, he is the one that matters the most to me.. Even let say our marriage broke down (touch wood), I know I will never regret it, because it has worth everything. His proposal is not something you will call romantic; we were walking to the train station to send me to Zurich airport when suddenly he blurted out,"I think we should just do it". And I said,"I think so too". Nothing nauseatingly cheesy.

When Steve says,"You no longer have yourself to think for. Now you have me, Brady, cat and dog, so think of us when making your decision". The realisation "God, I am married" that hit Miranda(and me)is real. I also feared I don't have a maternal instinct.

The scene where Miranda looking down the window (of the house in Brooklyn) and seeing Steve played with his son and his dog in the garden - it took my breath away.

P/S: Samantha can be my alter ego if I am single. Never truly identified with Carrie (no,no,no. She dated socialites, I am not really) and Charlottee (don't think I can ever be as sweet as her. I probably hate her if we are in the high school).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home