Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, February 11, 2005

Surgery

Saw a purple ischaemic bowel today in theatre. Amazing, with all the mesenteric vein thrombosis and mesenteric vein hypertension. I hope he will make it through. He is still young and has so much life ahead of him. Feel really sorry.

Just like that - life is robbed away from you. Sometimes makes me wonder, what is the point of us living, when everything can be taken away from you in a blink of eyes.

Both patients surgery I clerked yesterday got cancelled to make room for this emergency ITU guy. Seriously complicated one - in fact, it requires 2 consultants surgeon to do the surgery.

The anaesthetist made my day today. He complimented my pre-admission clerking (of one of the patient yg suppose to go for surgery today). I don't even know who he is, and he knew it was me who did the clerking after reading my name tag. All I can see of him is his eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home