Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

This is bad

I arrive home at 20:45 today. Finished helping my house officer at 19:30, later have a casual chat with Caroline, the friendly Rheumatology registrar while I took my stuffs from doctors room. Journey home takes 45 minutes door to door. Tired, but nonetheless I am still in a pleasantly good mood. Put in venflon with no trouble at all, struggling with the butterfly on Mrs T hands (end up with me and house officer taking blood together, her veins is sooooo difficult, and she screamed before we even prick her), do Mini mental test on Mr F, write up blood transfusion form, do dipstick & send urine for MSC,take blood culture and few other things.

My house officer still hasn't finished work by the time I go home at 20:00.

Tomorrow her routine will begin again.

Makes me wonder how my working life will be? No life at all, kan? I actually assume my working life in country side hospital will not be as busy as inner city London hospital.

Caroline said she has been working 12 days with no break in between. She already takes a pay cut (about a few thousands quid) to take more holiday per annum.

Dunno why I keep pondering about this.

2 Comments:

  • hi huda!!!! jun nih... hope its not too bad... i miss uk sooo badly la huda... sumtimes rase nak nangis plak... so, enjoy urself while u still can, no matter what... miss ya!

    By Blogger jun jusof, at 5:12 PM  

  • Hi June!!!
    Its been awhile since the last time I saw, or even contact you.Hope you alright.

    I do wish you are here.

    By Blogger Lotus, at 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home