Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Compliment

Yesterday, my GP tutor gives me one of the best compliments ever in my life, career-wise.

"If I were a hospital consultant, I will be fighting for you to work with me".

He said that to me after watching two of my video-taped consultations with patients. Its was such a confidence boost before I cross the finishing line for my undergraduate degree. I was really touch when he said he like my way with patients, commenting about the many aspects of communication skills - my body language, the silent moment, summarising, open questions and honesty.

You see, I never value myself that much. Till I met my husband. He did replace the missing jigsaw in my self value.

I think its something to do with the thing I missed when I grew up. Compliments from my parents. I wish, if only they could say I am proud of you to me.

2 Comments:

  • i am proud of you, huda.
    tho i'm not your parents, you are indeed a great friend. and you know me, tak main tipu2 nyer. complete honesty. i'm glad to have you present in my life. (hope i dont left you blushing hihi). good luck final! (if tension2 tu tepon aa me always here :)

    By Blogger ellyz, at 5:16 PM  

  • Gosh, I reread this post, and it makes me feel terrible.

    I think its more to do with lack of showing appreciation, above all. Not the pressure to be a high achiever.I never consider being the best, getting the best, of everything will make me happy.

    Thanks Elly. I know I could count on you. Anyway, I am moving closer to you :D

    By Blogger Lotus, at 5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home