Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, April 01, 2005

Siti concert, and a few things

Just come back from Siti Nurhaliza concert at Royal Albert Hall.
The verdict: I enjoy it.

The trip to the concert was unplanned. Suffice to say, my luck was up and it made me go to her concert. For someone who love and enjoy live music, I think she is marvellous (in term of her voices and entertaining guests in Malay), there are lotsa improvement she needs to make in term of communication skills(after all, isn't Malay is the most critical of their own people?). I really hope she will get better. I don't even care if she needs a cue card to speak English, but if she can build up better courage for English public speaking (broken pun takpe; i can feel her still takut2x ckp English), it will be a lot easier. Breaking into UK music scene is not easy if you are non-white and non-blakc(and with her lacking in English); even local British Asians find it difficult. FYI, Jay Sean (brits asian doing hip hop music) is an ex-student at my medical school.

Talk about speaking English - teringat my younger years. My spoken English was so bad - I did a lot of mispronouncion, and it did happen masa I participated in story telling competition. I was sure someone was laughing at me at that time, but I just went ahead telling the stories. Malu? I just threw that feeling away into the bin. Being too critical to urself will only get u down, isn't it? It took a few years for my oral English to really taken off.

.....................................................................

My husband dah membebel on the phone pasal tak study sgt this week. I have been going out almost everyday this week - Tsunami party, Liverpool Trip, Siti concert, Girl Slumber party... Memang kena start working hard. Monday dah start sekolah, aiyo....

Better work hard before get into any troubles. Pass final, pass final, pass final!

P/S: To love someone like a second skin is probably the best thing in life! Doesn't even feel like making an effort.

1 Comments:

  • Seronot pegi concert ct makcik. next time kita gi sama2x la ye, since ct pun dah diinvite to perform again at Royal Albert Hall, cuma donno bila je.

    By Blogger Lotus, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home