Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, July 02, 2007

Update

I supposed nothing much to update except for the fact we are now looking for places to live in Liverpool.Haven't got time yet to look for house/flat - as usual, its work.

Today my journey to work is halted by intense traffic in motorway M61 jt coming out to M65, which resulted in 1 hour delay in my arrival to work.2 bloody hours in traffic. I was wondering why there is ambulance/fire brigade/critical incidence unit bluelighted in the traffic.Little that I know there is chemical explosion in Ribbleton - tv broke down for a week & the radio aerial of car broke off.If knew, could have diverted my journey!

On arrival, found out our A&E dept is actually on standby for any casulaties from the explosion.(I actually feel quite excited about it!).Turn out there is none coming to our hospital,I think Preston might have taken the whole load.

Workwise,A&E is fun but very mentally, emotionally, physically very draining.I see a few very interesting cases. Did see an acute renal failure in severe acidosis & he has gone straight to ICU after I see him. Saw a young lady is in vegetative state after hanging herself (very sad indeed.manage to get cardiac output after CPR & atropine; but outlook is bleak).diagnosed a number of PE, later proven. One thing I noticed is how depressed young people in UK are.I remember a 13 year old girl telling me she has nothing to live for & she wakes up in the middle of night feeling so depressed and crying; every night.What can you say back to her? There is no right answer. I saw a young man who has every thing going for him until one day he has stroke, and puff, every thing is gone.

You see, I see my patients, then I see my life,and look at my college & high school friends life back in Malaysia. I think we all should count our blessings.Its hard not to feel envious or jealous of other people life.

By the way, we get a real bargain from Sainsbury's. Brand new LCD tv 20 inches for 100 quids!We are dancing, honey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home