Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Saturday, September 02, 2006

general ranting

Find myself increasingly bothered with issues regarding baby, work life balance etc..Sth to do with the boredom of doing microbiology and GUM? perhaps. Looking back at previous entries, 95% are about work.hmmm.

What if we can't have children? I would rather adopt than undergo interventional infertility treatment eg IVF. The stress on relationship, procedure etc..its too much, and time wasted on worrying. Same opinion with open surgery. Last option please. And please don't catheterise me when I am 80, demented and incontinence (am considering act of living will). Probably because I know too much.

Life is generally ok. Finding myself feeling lost, bored and unsettled doing current rotation. The best thing at the moment is driving back and forth from Manchester to Blackburn. A funny thing happened the other day - a patient walked into GUM clinic and said he saw me (as a patient) before at a GP practice. I said, " No, it wasn't me. Its my colleague M". For some unknown reason, people keep mistaking me for M, and M for me. Both of us really think we don't look alike at all. M is a British Hong Kong Chinese and I am a proper Malay.Why oh why? Postgrad people keep calling me M when they saw me in teaching session. To make atter worse, M and I are in the same FY2 track. Expect further confusion.

Malas nye nak oncall esok. Am I willing to do oncall and night shift when I am 40?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home