Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, September 05, 2008

Let this anger sizzles.....

I was good today, until the e-mail about deposit from my previous landlord (mind you, 5 months after I left the flat) sets my anger rolling. Telling me they use all my deposits to repaint and clean the flat (and 35 GBP for an iron they lost?? I never even touch the iron or ironing board because it is in such poor state).I was really angry, boiling literally.

Totally unfair. The flat was already in a state, the wall was dirty, the chairs totally unstable to sit on, the carpets was stained and ada iron mark on it already, there is a plug socket already half way hanging out from the wall. I thought I was protecting myself already by taking the photos of the flat at its initial state, so they wouldn't blame me or anything. I was bothered about the chairs, letters and phone calls did not resolved the matter and we ended up buying our own chairs. I was fed up with their customer services, so I just shut up and get on. They are part of the reason we bought our own house, I was fed up renting in private sectors.

Now they refuse to budge and said I left the flat in such a state. Hubby was away at that time and he already moved our stuffs before he left. So tinggal benda2x sket to kemas etc.. I cleaned the flat after I came back from work. On the last day for me to return the key, I was rushing off from morning clinic and the agent person who suppose to meet me during final check up left. I end up leaving the keys at their office instead.

I was so angry I rang their office and one of their agent keep refusing to talk to me and only reply to my e-mail. How could you explain 500 GBP just go up in smoke for repainting and cleaning and this and that charges?

I am in much clearer mind now; I am going get advice from council or housing association.

By the way, anyone of you looking for flat to rent in Liverpool be sure to avoid this scamming letting agent - Cuddly Bear it called. Apparently they do have quite a reputation here, only found out after I signed the lease with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home