Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, April 13, 2009

The trip

It was fun. I think I did underestimate Barcelona; but what a gorgeous city!!!An architectural heaven; I was seriously mesmerized by Gaudi creations. Breathtaking and to think he got this idea in late 1800/early 1900! I did find it rather hilarious he was killed by the tram.

The beach was gorgeous.We sipped our lovely "european coffee", facing the sea, listening to the waves, watching people wave-surfing,listening to the band playing spanish music..then it started to rain. Well, it was fantastic whilst it lasted.I can totally imagine spending summer in Barcelona.

Love the street performers along the La ramblas. Make me want to salsa-dance.

We also indulged in seafood, paella, gelatos, nougats,lobsters etc. If I missed Muara Klang, I will go to Barcelona just to feast on their food. We had this lunch at this so-called Japanese Kaiten (not pure japanese, you could tell it is mixed with Chinese) and we had like 6 udang galah, 2 plates of clams,3 plates of fried squids,at least 10 pieces sushis, 2 plates of salmon sashimis,mixed olives-oil laden fried seafood and cucumber masked as courgette (tertipu betul; dahlah teringin nak makan courgette).

So much to do at this city. Want to go to the aquarium,sekali tengok panjang nak mampuih dia punya queue. Terus cancel.Pas tu pegi Barcelona stadium - have to say it is a bit crappy. My reaction was like - "you mean, that's it?". Should have gone to Tibidabo.

Transport is excellent. If you have lived in big cities, navigating through metro/tram/train/bus will be a breeze.Honest, despite the language. I love this tram stop which is called "Maria Christina".

Got tons of pictures,but until I can be bothered to learn how to post photos in blogspot, this will be it.

Back to being "coerced-swapped" on-call tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home