Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Becoming parents...

Lately, a lot of my friends have become parents. Me? My of my...

I think I am not really that "maternal" person. I vividly remember the first time I saw women in labour video in second year - my first instinct is "Oh my Lord, labour is soooo disgusting and painful and I don't want to do that. Ambik anak angkat pun takpe".Then, 2 years down the line, when I did my Obs & Gynae attachment, I know I did not enjoy being in labour ward. I truly enjoy the Gynaecology aspect though.

I remember I wait for 6 hours for the women to give birth, my migraine start kicking in. The headache so bad that I went to puke in the loo. I end up going back home because feeling unwell. The woman gave birth 3 hours later. I hate the lingering bloody "period" smell (haha, and I am a woman for god sake). I even consider elective Caesarean (if I want to give birth la), but thinking about the pain post-operatively gives me a shudder.

See, how "unmaternal" I am. I guess I still had a lot of growing up to do. Becoming parents is such a huge responsibility. I want to make sure we are mentally, emotionally and financially prepared to do that. I hope I will be a good parent who will always be there for their kids. I want to see them grow up and not missing important moments in their life. When I was growing up, there isn't much guide or support from my parents to help me combat my teenage years. We don't communicate that much.

My hubby & I have been talking about the possibility of trying to have kids in 1-2 years time down the line. Next August hopefully I will start my PRHO year. Am thinking if I have to work 13 hours per day, how much time, really, I will spend with my baby (if I am going to have one). Hmmm...

2 Comments:

  • hi huda! found your blog through elly's. wow.. many ppl seem to start blogging now and those who have stopped just picked up from where they left and start blogging again too. it's nice to know what u've been up to. medicine is tough isn it. and having migraine duzn help a bit :P we both the same

    By Blogger Liza Yaakup, at 8:25 PM  

  • Hi babyrip! How u've been? Busy as bee? I am not that busy right now. This term has been quite relaxing as we have a lotta online course going on, so takyah gi kelas, that' s why so much free time to do blog..

    Nice to know someone in similar position as I am. I really can't wait to graduate.

    Nak have kids masa belaja especially in abroad is quite difficult decision to make since we will be lacking in support from family & friends. I totally admire Lyla to be able to do that.

    By Blogger Lotus, at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home