Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, January 08, 2007

The annoying thing about being a FY2 junior

Gosh, today I almost reach the end of my tether when I had to re-refer my patient for ???cauda equina syndrome?? spinal stenosis???. Had to wait nearly half an hour before I get through the hospital switchboard. I almost scream. I am lucky that now I still have plenty of time to see patients. Wait until I reach my 10 minutes per patient stage (i probably will run my surgery late! Ha!).

Had to re-refer my patient as he was not seen by the specialty team I wanted him to see (as a result of communication breakdown between oncall staffs). Even more annoying when my patient told me the A+E docs just dismissed his complaint and I am just a trainee doc and send him home. Damned annoyed.I wasn't happy at all (my GP supported me in my clinical decision) especially when he developed red flags symptoms.

I am more than happy my referral is dismissed if they had run some sort of tests and found it as negative. GP has its own limitation - no blood test or x-ray available onsite as hospital docs have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home