Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, October 27, 2008

Getting this off my chest....

Urghh....greatly annoying post take ward round.

Excuse the swearing.You never realised how much you swears; having said that my current supervisor is way cool - He said: Don't worry Huda, I don't care about your swearing, I swears all the time, and don't trust anyone here. Having a consultant who is like your buddy is really great. Our usual rounds & when he is annoyed with sth include - damn it, WTF, F_____ sth etc.

You need it to survive this place. Honest. I bare my soul.

Back to today ward round. Marah betul la gua dgn the day docs. Boleh dia carry on lepaking & doing nothing when I am alone doing the ward round with consultant.Fucking lazy.I had a busy night, and these guys just sat there doing fucking nothing. Initially I ignore it, then still tak gerak lagi bontot, I called them twice to join rounds. The Locum consultant lak do nothing.Geram betul, pas tu tanya you have a busy night? Obviously, I just fucking ignore them.

I have nothing against "asian doc" (will not expand on this, but definitely not south east asians). Some are really good, but there is a small minority still carry this "male" sometimes a bit chauvinist-arse. I do accept some them probably don't mean to be rude but just really bad communication skills.

I also do accept when I am busy I have no time to say please to nurses - sorry, they just have to live with this. When I am running around doing round, taking referrals, this & that & the fact I don't really trust everyone here - I need quick efficient staffs, not lazy slow bum who get nothing done. Some, are just plain stupid.

I certainly don't need medical staffs who don't recognised STEMI/NSTEMI, Type II respiratory failure or acute renal failure.This kind of people will forever be in my bad book, and yes, I will damn shout at you.

Wish I can have a bitching session with D this morning.

2 Comments:

  • my goodness, huda! i am so scared of u!haha,,i think u might be the scary medics that even the surgeons are terrified off! i dunno when am i going to be scary..strict, yes, but my ward is like a monkeyhouse that we just try to have a laugh..esp on receiving week, its just hell with hundreds of patients..referrals..outliers..ct bookings..chasing theatre slots..laparotomies..and suddenly all the ischaemic bowels merge into slurry blur of a case,..i guess nhs is the same anywhere..i hate bed bureaucracy..and i do feel for u for some stupid indian MCP docs who think greatly of himself..

    By Blogger white, at 3:58 PM  

  • zeihan is it?

    Did i sound that scary? hoho, don't mean to.

    When i had 2 of my patients end up in ITU cos some medic bozos (and not house officer btw) couldn't interpret gases, sent to surgeon with wrong diagnosis(even more duhh!) or did not get appropriate tx, you will be like me. luckily both of them survive & home soon.

    i start thinking some ppl who work here are not registered with gmc.

    By Blogger Lotus, at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home