Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On-calls

Dead tired.

I was shattered yesterday; my H.O called in sick and it couldn't come at any worst day. So many admissions,so many referrals from A&E, GP, District nurses and people admitted from clinic. Left right and centre I tell you. Everyone has leg swelling (we don't have DVT clinic here), everyone feel dizzy & lightheaded; not very exciting.Most of my job is sorting out who is really ill and who is not.

The one who is really ill though is the one who doesn't make any noise at all. I have a good time fluid resuscitating and reversing his anticoagulant on this dialysis patient who keep throwing up pure blood with INR 12.3 and didn't tell anyone he has haematemesis at home until he was up dialysing pumped up with heparin. Oh boy, never order so many FFP and bloods. So determined he is not going to arrest whilst he is under my care. Or that woman who live with her frank haematuria, and anaemic enough to cause her to have another heart attack & deemed urgent transfusion.

One more day to go.4 days of successive 12 hours ++ shift is a bad bad idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home