Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Soft spot

Its kinda tricky when you developed a soft spot for a patient; and I only meet him today.

Tomorrow his world will come crashing down. I looked up his CT report after clinic today and the metastases is every where in the thorax and abdominal region, despite surgery and intense chemo regime which he finished this week.

.........subdued.


I think the saddest consultation I ever sat through is when I was in med school. The consultant in charge is the person who discover the physiology of renal tubules. He was telling this pregnant women on dialysis with really bad cardiovascular profile who carry a set of twin and we need to decide about considering abortion. It will be a very high risk pregnancy & chance of successful pregnancy is unpredictable; if she carries on, it will either kill her or her babies first. She started sobbing and my heart literally broken into pieces for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home