Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, November 17, 2008

Just some crap I need to get off my chest..

Its a crappy round today.We running out of beds...and by God,I am done with this whole social stuffs..

This one patient of ours...I just couldn't put my fingers into it.Why oh why..should she have this hyperkalaemia and low magnesium. Is it just the kidney?? Why do I feel there is other explaination? Grrr....


YESTERDAY....

As I am writing this, I am currently on my journey back to the island. Before this 4 blooming hours ferry ride kills me, I am going to write these thoughts in my head. Who knows, I will look back and think its funny hahaha.

Gosh, I have become a bitter person...

My birthday is coming and all I have is work commitment to do successive weekend oncalls back to back.. Don’t ask how it ended up that way but I am not the worst case scenario. At least I don’t have to cancel my pre-booked flight and some people not even get paid for it. How night shift translates into normal working hours is beyond my imagination. I have a sneaky suspicion this is not entirely legal, so until I get all my facts right, you won’t hear much of that from me.

Our 5 years anniversary coming up and I am not allowed to take any leave cause everyone booked theirs wayyy in advanced. So I am stucked all through Christmas & New Year. Come January and they will know what hit them – evil laughter.

Leona’s version of Run reduces me to tears.

You realized what a beautiful city Liverpool has turned into watching it from the ferry over the Birkenhead side and from the flight. It feels more and more like home.

We have such a lovely weekend; I feel really sad when I left home. Keep trying to reassure myself this is temporary and only 8 months to go. We got to reminiscing our life in Switzerland a few years back and I really missed those times. I missed the train rides that take me such heavenly scenery; the Swiss German, the ferry rides across the lakes and the Japanese cuisines. One of the best memories is when the train coming out from the tunnel and the snows flakes fall on the train, it feels exactly like being inside the snowballs. And by God, I missed Paris. Note: plan holiday soon, after the interviews dates, renewing visas etc..

I can just imagine my consultant laughter if he read this, knowing I am such an emotional wreck. Hey, at least I am not the one who laughs through the whole consultation with this really funny patient of ours during our completely mental PTWR that last 4 hours straight....


He just couldn't stop teasing me about being married as a trainee (gee..what would he says if he knew I got married during my 3rd year at med school). He keeps moaning about how much his job will end up costing his marriage. I personally that we all docs have this love-hate relationship with our jobs; and no matter how much we whines about it, there is something that make us hooked like a junky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home