Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, May 15, 2009

Pissed

I am seriously bad-tempered today. It annoyed me so much with these constant phone calls. At one point, I have an unwell patient (hypokalaemia with seriously remarkable ECG changes, and some really mad electrolytes changes), another A&E doc trying to refer an Acute Coronary Syndrome, I was on the phone talking to nurse practitioner from another hospital and the bleep continue to go off cos a GP need to speak with me. And not 5 minutes later, another GP. I had to leave to J, the consultant to continue the ward round with the house officer.

Talk about trying to juggle all these balls.

Could you please let me see the patients instead, please. I am tired
being on the phone.

Have to say, most of them are appropriate calls, but seriously not impressed when one of the referrer start saying things like Type 2 DM changing to Type 1. I was like, "what are you talking about, mate? This guy has just switch his anti-glycaemic to insulin; it doesn't mean Type 2 change to Type 1. Odd.".

I have a temper of Kratakoa, and I like things to be done properly. Don't start to get on my nerve saying X and X patient cannot go there b'cos these ward is for these and these. We are a small hospital and if I say X need to go there & HDU nursing, that is where they need to be. (And you can see why I want the way out of acute on-calls.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home