Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Friday, June 05, 2009

Beachy Head tragedy

This is one of the saddest story I ever read. It makes you wonder, is life is ever fair?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1191129/The-smile-parents-live-The-heart-breaking-story-Beachy-Head-tragedy.html

Somehow it reminded me about a case I did encounter a couple of years back; it is not similar, but it makes me think what a broken heart can do to oneself. What do you do when the light goes out?

This young girl was brought the local casualty where I work. Found by police, still partially alive, hanging from a rope. She was comatose when she arrived. Heart still beats.My senior took over, and as I flipped through her medical notes, I remember feeling - "this is a girl who really determined to die no matter what we do, and whatever happened to her previous life, her heart is already shatterred to million pieces".

This is one of my many reasons why I cannot do mental health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home