Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Thursday, November 25, 2004

These past few days....

These past few days, I have been spending a lot of time travelling to and fro Newham Hospital, browsing pathology patients database, been on the phone to lotta consultants secretaries and been on my hands and knees try to find the patients records for my another audit - this time is about prolactinoma, and I am doing it with Frances. Not to mention we have to wait for another batch of patients records to arrive from a place called "Iron Mountain". It sounds like a magical place..ehehe. What a crap way to spend your final clinical year, huh. Anyway, I did learnt ways of communicating with the switchboard, transferring my call from one hospital to another then to another. Also learnt how to trace medical records movement in hospital.

Honestly speaking, I quite like doing these administrative works albeit it is boring as hell. Kinda break for awhile from all these studying and clinical work. I know if I did not make it as a doctor (touchwood!), I will be an excellent secretary or PA. My Monica-pain-in-the-ass organising skill will definitely pays off.

I remembered there was one time when the house officer had to called police to find this particular patient to come back to hospital for treatment. He (the patient) had deliberately gave wrong number to hospital, and because it was absolutely vital (or otherwise could be a fatal consequence for him) he came back to hospital, we resolved to calling the police. Quite extreme it might seems, but we DO want our patients to live. Some people just don't appreciate that.

This morning went to library at St Barts. Btw, do you know that Mark Darcy office in Bridget Jones, is filmed at St Barts? Remember the scene where Bridget get off from the cab to go to Mark office, that is the entrance to our hospital and they use the same guard house. Where Mark is having meeting, that is our Great Hall. You can say I am pretty excited seeing my medical school in Bridget Jones!

Tomorrow my friend, Atol (ex-KMYS) come down to London. Its been ages since the last time I saw and spend time with her. I am such a different person now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home