Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, November 15, 2004

Raya

This is my fifth raya away from Malaysia. And away from my husband. Of course it sucks, but I am determined to enjoy raya as much as possible, and let's face it, being sad doesn't help at all. I terribly missed hari raya with my family (that include my stepmother and stepsister) in Malaysia, so I have devised a lot of coping mechanisms over the years. I stopped listening to all lagu raya, only listened to takbir on pagi raya, spent the time with friends and avoided being lonely or better still, like previous raya, I spent whole night preparing my A+E presentation and gave presentation to my collegues and docs on pagi raya.

Anyway, I did have a blast time going from one open house to other open house. Enjoying the food and atmosphere. The night before raya was spent chatting with friends. On pagi raya (nasib baik wake up pasal last nite sleep at 4 am) , unfortunate enough, there was no water at Mara hostel. Apparently the main pipe at Holland Park burst and the whole bayswater area is affected. I was quite lucky to be able to shower before the water really gone, and sempat went for 2nd batch of solat raya. Tak sempat put my make up on, and wear a scarf as I planned beforehand. K unluckily missed the solat raya. After that we went to High Commisioner house, and alhamdulillah no rain like last year. We are so exhausted by then, and went to have a nap at S place. Then we went to W and Auntie N open house. The weather was really cold, and by the end of the day, my pinkies are really numb and I feel like I have sprained my ankle.

On 2nd day of raya, only cold water returned. Hot water was in minutes quantities. Since we gonna be late, I choose to shower in ice cold water (as A and S does). It was bloody cold, my skin was tingling and it got me thinking of Iceland. Then pegi raya at MSD, went for coffee with F & S, then pegi raya again. Return to place that night, and Francine gave me the SSM audit tasks to do. Called Alex, ceh, minah ni pegi Spain rupanya. Been searching for her for the last 2 weeks. Gonna called Dr B tomorrow to sort out and rediscuss my learning objectives.

Called my hubby on pagi raya (waktu Malaysia) and he also spent his time with his good old friends in KL. Good to know, at least he is not going to have a miserable time missing me. He visited my family the day before raya beofre my family went back to kampung.

3rd day of raya sees all normal routine returns. I am at work at the moment, so before Dr W catch me using the internet (Kevin has been so nice teaching me which way to turn my screen so if Dr W sees me, she wouldn't know that I have been on the net, hah! Gratitude to my boss.), I might as well pen off. Gonna watch Bridget Jones 2 tonite (free ticket courtesy of Dawson Hall) at Barbican cinema (don't even know where it is, so going with Lynette). Taa!

P/S: FYI, a lot of Bridget Jones 2 filming was done at my place, at Clerkenwell. I bumped into Renee when she was filming in front of our St. Barts hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home