Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Monday, November 24, 2008

A gesture

Today, my consultant makes a gesture that makes me really think - this guy really has a soft spot (like a baby sister) for me. Please don't think otherwise.

He asked what's that on your shoe? He bent down & touch my shoe!

He probably the best person I worked with, and it saddened me that I will be leaving Cardiology. I will never ever get a consultant who I can argue my case and makes my feeling totally transparent & not having to bite my tongue...He told K he thought my seniors must have spoilt me rotten when I worked at the tertiary centre.

I was really upset over a small matter when I was on-call over the weekend with another consultant who refuse to acknowledge my opinion ie you don't refer every single chest pain to cardiologist,you don't refer every single first pneumothorax to respiratory consultant don't refer every single anaemia to gastroenterologist. A general physician should be able to deal with this matter when they are on-call. Then all the dirty work of referring process has to be done by us! I was seething with anger, literally and just have to call D to get things off my chest. Not just that, not being able to make a concrete decision, I might as well be the lead. And monyet punya A&E sending patient to CCU without courtesy call to me.

And there I was membebel about all this to my consultant; didn't he knew how opinionated I was. And as a payback, I have to listen to his bebelan about social services & nursing home (we have a lot of long-stayer waiting for nursing home). The most ridiculous thing I heard is someone waiting to go to a nursing home which hasn't been built yet....And some other crazy mad things like surgeon want to dump this post-op complications on us, AF running at 65 & GP started on digoxin etc...

Man, I am going to be really sad. And I am moving to the team which I dunno which one is the worse, the senior or the most untrustworthy (with no insight)junior? So prepare for an orgy of depression,swearing, anger and tears as well in the next 4 months.

Our relatives come over from London at weekends to visit our house in Liverpool.Its a pity I was on-call. Hubby being the host & looked like they are going to come over more often! Cepat la January!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home