Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thoughts

I think I need to tune down my bitchiness a little bit. Even Julia said I can be scary, aiyooo.

He said I can be a bit stroppy at times. Ok, I accept that. In my defence if I am not assertive and firm, nothing get done.

I can give a lot of examples, like when the nurses keep going on about low BP & afraid to give diuretics, he is peeing too much & he gets dehydrated etc.... He has aortic stenosis & drowning in his own fluids god damned it & this guy need help with his diuresis. Took us 4-5 days before his kidney responses to it. He won't do well with inotropes, trust me.

I think nurses have too much power these days. I have nothing against nurse practitioner, but they didn't go to medical school & it does make the differences. They didn't recognized red flags nor understood the disease processes. Its like when I spoke with ITU nurses why they do daily paracetamol level on patients, they said they just do it because that is what they do. That is incorrect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home