Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Female

Suddenyly it hits me that I am the only female who occupy pretty senior position in our medical department. The only female ST. No female medical consultant. Wonder what they think.

Mind you, I never ever suffer from sexism in this profession. Although it did annoyed me a little bit when this registrar keep calling me - hello sweet/sweetheart/darling. He addressed all of us - our bunch female STs in the male world of interventional cardiology (it was one of the best time in my jobs, seriously. Like girls power or something).

I was slightly embarassed when the consultant saw a patient sticker stucked just below my chest (which I almost forgot btw) and said: uh,uh, confidentiality, dear. I hope that is all he sees.

Just start to feel awkward when J keep buying me hot drinks when we have our supervisor/etc.. meeting. I hope it is the guilt talking - he made me do presentation when I am on night and us doing audit for Mortality & Morbidity meeting.

Oh, I like shoes and dressing up when I feel really shitty, tired and down. I am a girl's girl.

D makes a rather suspicious comment the other day. He was speculating with the nurse why I changed my skirt (oh, hospital gossips), and I told him this alcoholic patient urine bottle accidentally fall on my skirt when I try to lift his bedside rail - I had this health care assistant as my witness. Pretty disgusting I tell you.

Of course I didn't tell D when he first arrived, everyone thought he is gay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home