Lotus - surviving life & remaining pure to urself

Thursday, December 04, 2008

One more day...

Phew, done the on-call today. Busy, but smooth & easy. I don't need anything complicated and today is just one of those days.

I thought I was the only one who has "trust" issue. Trust is something that you need to work for it to be gained and when D showed up to sort this acute leukaemia in blast phase on his off-day and only trust me to review patient results; I am really grateful. I don't trust my HO at all. I am sorry if I give her a hard time but she needs to learn to have some insight at least. No insight & no sense of danger, pretty much a disaster.

I thought I was the only one who is obsessed with their patients. I do have stack of notes of pretty complicated patients still with the secretary. J, my previous consultant really trusted me with those and I am so thankful for that. He let me deal with some solicitor business and making all tertiary referrals. Huge boost to my confidence, really. I think he knew he can rely on me when I picked the mitral valve that need urgent replacement from clinic, the iatrogenic haemolytic anaemia. I really have to fight for my latter diagnosis (that is how sure I am & I have seen one case before) and he refused to acknowledge that at the beginning, but suffice to say, he is someone who can take "I told you so" from his junior. Now he listen to my opinion and I am ever so grateful to be appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home